Friday 9 November 2012

The Evaluation of my front cover and my contents page


I am quite impressed with my front cover; after receiving feedback from my peers and teachers I feel more confident about it, although I do agree with my teachers negative feedback: "I think there is too much dead-space in the middle", and I believe that I will need to take some more photos to put on the magazine front cover. 
I have edited the photo that you can see as the initial back ground of the magazine, which I have taken of the Idsall grounds. I like this photo because the colours make the grounds seam more pleasant and peaceful. I also like the fact that I have managed to get the oak tree into the picture, which is on the Idsall logo, so it makes the magazine look more official. I have also put photo's of the 'competition' that the magazine is advertising, for some costume examples, I think this gives the magazine a more fun side to it as well. I have also placed some illustrated stars and circles on the magazine, which I feel makes it appeal to the younger years more than it already does. 
The fonts that I have used on the front cover I think appeal to the younger generation, and also the language that I have used is playful 'HALLOWEEN IS APPROACHING', this font is also fun. The main title of the magazine has been created on a website called cooltext.com which lets you design your own fonts and use them.  
I am also quite impressed with my final contents page, which I have only received positive feedback from. I have used bright colours to make it 'jump' out of the page at the audience; the colours represent happiness and purity, they're also the Idsall School colours. The pictures that I have used also give the magazine more of an official look to it, and they also show what the contents of the magazine will be about; I think that the pictures are fun and colourful, and this theme goes with the rest of the colour scheme of the page and the front cover. 
The fonts and language on my contents page is very similar to my front page, because I didn't want the readers to suddenly have a shock when the contents page is nothing like the front cover. The subheadings of the contents have also been done on cooltext.com, I feel this gives the magazine more of a playful theme to it, and it's providing the readers with more to look at than just the same fonts and colours throughout the contents page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment